Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

In Defense of Infinity Ward Splintering - GameZone.
The situation at Infinity Ward obviously caused a lot of stress for the employees and their families, and no one is suggesting thatís a good thing. Nobodyís defending the animosity between the developer and its parent company Activision. But while the separation between Activision and many of Infinity Wardís key employees has been painful, the end result will ultimately be good for the industry. Regardless of what happens to the Infinity Ward name, some of the employees who remained behind will continue to develop quality Call of Duty games or other titles. Even without the key employees who created the franchise, the Infinity Ward team will be able to attract talented individuals and use their experience to continue to make compelling titles. Say what you will about Activision, but the company isnít going to abandon a billion-dollar franchise.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Op Ed Jun 30, 2010, 11:09 Ruffiana

Yeah, good luck attracting 'talented individuals' with this drama-fest looming over you. Add to that all of the crap that Kotick has said regarding corporate culture and Activision/Infinity Ward is looking to be one of the least attractive places to land a job.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/4/14/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo