[Jun 21, 2010, 7:52 pm ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
Now that OnLive
, details have emerged on Eurogamer.net
outlining how much games will cost on the service, in addition to OnLive fees (which are not being charged yet). They show Brain Challenge for $4.99, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin for $19.99, Just Cause 2 for $49.99, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction for $59.99. Those are all pretty much in line for the prices for those games at retail, except in this case you will need to maintain your OnLive subscription to keep playing these games, and even then, access to these titles is only certain for the next three years, as they all carry a "rental duration" which reads: "Until at least 17th June 2013."
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: On OnLive Game Prices
||Jun 27, 2010, 19:42
| 1. Be polite
Everyone wants to enjoy his or her time on the Service. Each user must ensure that his or her User Generated Content does not detract from any other user’s experience using the Service. In particular, creating, posting or linking to any of the following is prohibited (“Prohibited Content”), subject to OnLive’s sole discretion:
* content that is defamatory, libelous, slanderous, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, sexually explicit, harmful, invasive of a person or entity’s privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, in violation of any applicable law or otherwise objectionable or insulting;
* content that directly or indirectly harasses, threatens, embarrasses, or causes distress or discomfort to another user or third party, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making insulting or offensive statements about race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or religious figures, etc. Personal attacks, hate speech and harassment will not be tolerated;
* content that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue in any Forums, such as content listed under the prior two bullets, abusiveness, disrupting communications (e.g. causing the screen to scroll faster than other participants are able to type, posting repetitive text, use of excessive “shouting” (all caps), repeatedly interrupting others in voice chat, etc.);
* attempts to impersonate another person, such as an OnLive representative or a celebrity, or attempts to mislead participants by indicating that you are affiliated with OnLive or its partners; and
* content that refers to real life violence, use of illegal drugs or engaging in illegal activities.
2. Be respectful of the OnLive community
OnLive provides a variety of community and social networking features, including avatars, Player Tags, Spectating, messaging, Brag Clip™ videos, user profiles and friends, that enable OnLive users to express themselves, report upon their activities and interact with one another for the benefit of the OnLive community overall. These features are not to be used in any manner that harasses or annoys other users, nor are these features to be used in a manner that detracts from any other user’s experience using the Service, subject to OnLive’s sole discretion.
You must respect the right of others to decline or discontinue communication or being friends with you, and not seek afterward to reestablish communications or being friends (directly or indirectly).
While creative use, such as machinima animations, is encouraged, you must not, via actions during Spectating, Brag Clip videos, or other means, create content that would detract from the experience of other users, or would otherwise be harassing annoying, harmful, invasive of a person or entity’s privacy or publicity rights, in violation of any applicable law or otherwise objectionable, subject to OnLive’s sole discretion,
For everyone’s benefit, please ensure your participation in any Forum is on topic. Users must refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any person, company or product, or, in general, from posting in a manner unrelated to use of the Service, subject to OnLive’s sole discretion.
Other inappropriate and unacceptable behavior includes, subject to OnLive’s sole discretion:
* posting or linking to your own or anyone else’s personal information on the Service (other than as expressly directed by OnLive), including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number or credit card information;
* posting content which is created to “bump” an existing topic or to evade any word filter;
* multiple duplicative posts or intentionally creating duplicate threads about existing topics;
* discussion about participant bans or other disciplinary action taken by OnLive against you or another participant, including correspondence between a participant and an OnLive administrator or moderator;
* discussions on violating any OnLive policy or agreement;
* requesting anyone else’s personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number; and
* abusing the abuse reporting and help features by sending false alarms or inaccurate messages.
3. Keep it spam-free
The Service may not be used for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Posting or linking to content that would constitute advertising, promotional messaging, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation or commercial activity is strictly prohibited.
4. Keep it legal
You must obey all applicable laws, regulations and rules that apply to your activities in connection with the Service. You may not use, post or link to any of the following types of material:
* content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute (see Terms of Service, Section 8);
* content that would infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property rights of any party;
* content that contains software viruses, “auto”, “macro” or “cheat utility” software programs, or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
* content that is illegal under any local, state, federal, or international law, rule, regulation or treaty; and
* content that promotes or encourages any illegal activity, including illegal hacking or distribution of software or systems.
The Service may be monitored by “Moderators” and “Administrators”, who are identified as such. OnLive Moderators and Administrators are the only source within the Service, OnLive websites, or Forums for official information regarding OnLive products and services. Any other postings on the Service, OnLive websites or Forums, like all other third party content, are the sole responsibility and the personal views of the person posting the information and such information is not endorsed or controlled in any way by OnLive.
From time-to-time, OnLive may designate certain participants as “Community Leaders.” This designation does not create an employee or agency relationship between OnLive and the designated participant, does not make the participant a company spokesperson, nor does it imply any endorsement of the participant or his or her postings. Instead, the designation only allows other members of the OnLive Community to know which participants have been helpful, have provided constructive advice and have set a positive example and tone. Like any information posted on the Forums, the opinions and advice provided by Community Leaders are their own.
6. Special considerations for OnLive employees and affiliates
Employees of OnLive or companies that do business with OnLive may only participate in the Service, OnLive websites, or Forums in a personal capacity and not as representatives of OnLive or their respective employers. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals employed by companies who provide content or products offered through the Service.
7. Control over content and access
Each participant is solely responsible for his or her own User Generated Content. OnLive does not control or endorse such content and OnLive has no obligation to monitor the message boards or the content posted to the Service by participants. OnLive accepts no responsibility for such content. However, OnLive retains the right, at its sole discretion, to limit participants’ access to all or part of the Service and to edit or delete material that, in OnLive’s sole judgment, does not comply with the current Guidelines or the Terms of Service, or that is otherwise inappropriate, harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. OnLive is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material.
If you encounter another user who you believe is violating any of the Guidelines, please report this activity to OnLive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. DISCLAIMER; LIMIT OF LIABILITY