Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Bad Company 2 Uproar

A thread titled "DICE rubbing it in our faces" on the Electronic Arts UK Community Forums features users voicing complaints over something that was noticed in the recent trailer promoting the VIP Map Pack #3 for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, DICE's military shooter sequel. The clip shows the M14 with a 4X optical sight, which is not available in the game. This has lead users to draw the conclusion that this is an old video shot before the M14 optics were removed from the game prior to release, suggesting the new VIP content was ready prior to release. A post by Barrie "Bazajaytee" Tingle says the video is actually recent, and explains that: "The optics shown in the video are an option the video recording team have access to that can show optics enabled versions of the guns instead of the ones in the final game. Whether optics get added into the game is still a decision that lies with Demize99." This has lead to a lot of posts calling shenanigans, and general discontent among the thread participants. Thanks joao.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: Bad Company 2 Uproar Jun 9, 2010, 13:15 Flo

Sign of getting old: No understanding for what those kids are whining about. Back in the days we started flame wars about UT vs. Q3, though...  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo