Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Previews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Morning Previews May 21, 2010, 15:03 LittleMe

So your premise is that after Japan attacked the U.S. with no prior declaration of war and then Germany declared war upon the U.S., the U.S. should have ignored them to see if they went away? I think it shouldn't be too hard to see how at the time this would be a "tough sell."

We weren't under attack. You paint the US as innocent and harmless and not the instigator.

Here is Germany's declaration:

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/timeline/germany-declares.htm

They claimed they were already under attack by us. Now, I'm not saying Germany was pure and harmless. I am saying that it takes two to tango.

Had Germany succeeded in defeating all of Europe and Russia, what do you picture the next step being?

We never found that out. Hitler's insane military conquest interests were for Europe and Russia (edit: and Africa). Even though we apparently won, the post-war situation was bad for us anyway. You paint a picture that we won. I don't think we did in one important aspect. No one won the war. Everyone lost. Almost everyone anyway. If this, if that.. Endless possibilities with 'ifs'.

I can say that my father was a teenage kid in England during the war. He remembers the bombing and German prisoner soldiers cleaning up the rubble. The war definitely had an impact on him and my family.

Here's one likely reason for our entering the war:

They have passed a new law which allows US servicemen to fight anywhere in the world.

And so it has been ever since. Perpetual war since 1941 (including the cold war).

Here's an interesting page:

Germany on the United States December 11, 1941
Italy on the United States December 11, 1941
The United States on Germany December 11, 1941
The United States on Italy December 11, 1941

So it took us all of less than one day to declare war? That hardly sounds like we were peace loving hippies. Not even a week or a month. No German force landed on our shores for us to declare war. I wonder why. It seems like our government wanted war.

Also did you know that when the Japanese attack was coming to pearl harbor, that the higher-ups knew it was coming (we had a radar installation) but they let it happen so that we could enter the war? It's called theater and population control. Our government is addicted to war.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2010, 15:18.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo