Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Ubisoft announces that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is now available in North American stores, specifically mentioning the release for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, DSi, and DS but not the Windows version, which is nonetheless available as well (they also omit Windows in their list of platform-specific features). This game is both a prequel and a sequel, as it is set between the events of The Sands of Time and Warrior Within, and word is: "Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brotherís kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction. When the decision is made to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation, the Prince will embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and discover that great power often comes with a great cost." The game's release in Europe is planned for Friday.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands May 18, 2010, 22:54 Jerykk

Well, releasing a PC version slightly later isn't something they HAVE to do in order to have a financially successful product, but if Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age were being torrented on or before launch day, then they probably left a few dollars on the table.

One could very easily argue that delaying the PC version results in more lost sales than piracy. After all, the average consumer typically doesn't know when the PC version is supposed to come out since publishers never advertise it. They rush to the store, don't see it on the shelf, think "eh, whatever" and buy the console version because they really want to play the game immediately.

The most successful ports have been the ones with no delays. Coincidence? Maybe... but probably not.

On a side note, apparently this PoP is only six hours long. That's pretty lame but I guess that's becoming a trend for Ubisoft. Splinter Cell: Conviction was also only 6 hours long.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo