Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CoD: Black Ops to Feature Dedicated Servers

Computer and Video Games reports Treyarch has stated Call of Duty: Black Ops will feature dedicated servers for multiplayer play, confirming a report that surfaced before the recent announcement of the seventh installment in the military shooter series. Dedicated server support was absent from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, in spite of petitions and other protests from unhappy PC gamers, and while Infinity Ward was insistent that this was a necessity, Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia doesn't agree. "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to," Lamia recently told PC Format magazine. "It seems people like them and we're excited about what we're doing right now." He explains they are working to offer the best of both worlds. "We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides," he said. "We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers." Issue 221 of PC Zone featuring an eight-page Call of Duty: Black Ops preview is now in the hands of subscribers, and will hit UK newsstands soon.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: CoD: Black Ops to Feature Dedicated Servers May 14, 2010, 21:01 4D-Boxing

I really dont get it. People trying to say it takes a long time to connect or find good BFBC2 servers?!

Are they on dial up? 56k lovin lol.

Come on! No need to make up stuff.

I connect just easily and as fast as in any other game using dedicated servers.

I'm an old twitch gamer, ut,quake etc.. So i enjoyed Cod4.
lets be honest MW2 PC played like cr@p online. Does mean everybody has to love BFBC2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo