Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor Interview

Frank Gibeau interview on IndustryGamers chats up the EA Games label president about the upcoming Medal of Honor reboot and the competitive military shooter market. He talks about all the action in this segment over the past couple of weeks or months, saying: "to be honest with you, we’ve been working on a strategy for the last two years to really take back the shooter category and put EA in a position where we’re making some spectacular products and we’re the leader in that category." He also freely admits to being pleased at the opportunity presented by the Infinity Ward meltdown at competitor Activision: "Yeah, I think it’s about being prepared and when your opponent makes a mistake or stumbles, you’re right there to step in and take advantage of that situation. And that’s kind of the way this category has shaped up with the competition and the developers out there. So absolutely, I was flabbergasted that it was unfolding the way it was, but I had a big grin on my face when I saw that we had an opportunity with them and we went for it. And we're very fortunate that Respawn and EA we [sic] able to come together on the deal and I couldn’t be more excited."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Medal of Honor Interview May 5, 2010, 00:30 PacoTaco

Frank fails to mention that he has never built a game in his life, and the greedy EA Exec culture drove the franchise into the ground not the talent attached to the projects. Nothing has changed, this game will ship, be a poor copy of Modern Warfare, and EALA will be closed down.

EA Greed killed this franchise!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo