Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Next Year

A batch of new RAGE screenshots shows off id Software's upcoming first-person shooter. On a related note, VG247 interviews id's Tim Willits about the project. Tim confirms the game "probably" will not have dedicated servers, says he is uncertain about their E3 plans, discusses engine licensing, and more. He also makes the revelation that the game will not be released this year, meaning RAGE is still on track for its "when it's done" release date, but in a moment of candor unusual for id release dates, he says the game will be released next year. His explanation of where the project stands follows.

Yes, yes, yes, yes. Because we havenít even hit alpha on this thing yet. But weíre working very hard and weíre getting close to that. But itís important that we get this right. Thereís nothing worse than pushing something out before itís ready. And the great thing about Bethesda and Zenimax is [that] the executive management has the faith in us to give us the resource that we need to do the right game. Because, trust me, it would be horrible if we were to release it and it was bad. So, weíre going to get the resources that we need and weíre going to get the polish that we need.

As you saw, itís running well on the 360. There are some graphical things that Johnís working through, that heíll get fixed. But the engineís pretty solid.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: RAGE Next Year May 4, 2010, 15:38 Elf Shot The Food

I liked Doom 3. Played through it and the expansion pack twice.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo