Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced

Activision Publishing announces Call of Duty: Black Ops, saying the next installment in the Call of Duty series is in development at Treyarch and will launch on November 9, 2010. "We canít wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops," says Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts." This comes in advance of the Call of Duty trailer promised for the wee hours of tomorrow morning, and word is immediately following the broadcast, the Call of Duty: Black Ops Website will launch with further information on the project.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Announced Apr 30, 2010, 13:23 Ruffiana

Look, I know that there's a huge feeling of angst at both IW over their MP decisions and activision for their treatment of employees, but don't trail that contempt down to Treyarch. They're a talented group that listens to their customer base (hence their public promice for dedicated servers in this new game), so throw the crap in the direction it is deserved.

Unfotunately, what benefits Treyarch has a greater benefit for Activsion...and I'm tired of seeing publishers profit by steamrolling over the lives and contributions of the people who actually make the games.

I'm interested in this new relationship between Bungie and Activision, where Bungie will be creating and retaining ownership of a new IP and Activision is basically serving to market and distribute the games. That's the way it
should
be and that's the way it used to be before publishers figured out that they could make a lot more money by buying developers and using them like little engines to spit out product.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2010, 13:50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo