Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

With a day game yesterday following a twilight double-header on Tuesday, the Mets managed to win three games in under 24 hours. I'm guessing that's not even a record, but I have never heard of that happening before.

24 Hour Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Super Mario Crossover.
Space Invasion Tower Defense 2.
Flakboy.
Links: The Most Violent People on Earth.
The Johnny Cash Project.
5 Unknown Schmucks Who Turned Into Superheroes in the Clutch.
Stories: Jim Beam Found Drunk In Public. Thanks Roger.
North Carolina beach town bans thongs. Thanks Acleacius.
Science: Can world's largest laser zap Earth's energy woes?
Coffee: Is it healthier than you think? Thanks Neutronbeam.
Twin Study Deepens Multiple Sclerosis Mystery. Thanks j.c.f.
Real Life Calvin and Hobbes is Way More Cute than Creepy.
Pollen Explosion.
Media: Don't Celebrate Too Early.
Follow-up: Ice On Asteroid Suggests Earth's Water Came From Space. Thanks Acleacius.
Lego Robot Solves Bigger and Harder Rubik’s Cubes. Thanks Slashdot.
Threat against ‘South Park’ creators highlights dilemma. Thanks Digg.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: Misc. May 17, 2010, 10:45  Blue 

Hijack? In this thread the suggestion came up to nuke Muslims. I replied in part "As much as possible, the innocent should not be harmed." How is that "hijacking"?

You are taking advantage of any opportunity to exercise your anti-Islamic agenda... Claiming topicality by responding to one of Cutter's ill-considered comments is a perfect example. How long will it be before you find another way to shoehorn another of these comments in somewhere?

The thread on Six Days is a thread about our current effort in Iraq, which is an act of self-defense (even if misguided) against jihad.

Oh, there's my answer... one sentence.

My comments in the Metaverse thread on the free market contained no religious references whatsoever.

Your defense against my complaint is that six posts ago you made one post without a reference to religion? Oh, I see, that post is one where you were arguing politics. Are you aware this is a gaming site?

And the ancient "rape religious figures" thread? I stated facts in response to libelous statements about the content of my site. Which leads to this question: If I state facts about Islam, how is that "religious fanaticism"? Are not those quotations "religious fanaticism"? Are not those advocating and implementing those commands "religious fanatics"?

Don't mistake this conversation with the lengthy Op Ed debate you are still involved in. This will not become a lengthy back-and-forth based on your ability to twist semantics.

So, not only have I not "hijacked multiple recent threads," I have not promoted "religious fanaticism," I've warned against it.

Okay, we can agree to disagree about how to characterize what you are doing, but if you keep doing it, my opinion will win out and I will ban you.

Are you going to ban me for stating facts regarding the ideology responsible for 9/11? If so, whose side are you on?

I should just ban you for that comment alone...

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo