Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Activision Publishing Boss Quits

GamesIndustry.biz (registration required) has word that Mike Griffith has resigned his posts as CEO and president of Activision Publishing, a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. The resignation is effective as of April 23, though he continues as vice-chairman of Activision Blizzard on a 12-month rolling contract. Reasons for the move are not supplied.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Activision Publishing Boss Quits Apr 29, 2010, 09:05 aesir05

He just resigned from his position as CEO and President of Publishing, he's still with the company probably getting paid shit loads and all kinds of allowances.

Suits are overpaid agree with that 100%
If they actually did something and not fuck people over it would be worth the extra $ they get paid, but in the gaming industry they have to look at every developer, programmer and artist as more than a number because their experience and willingness to work will make or break a company not like P&G where R&D designs something or they buy an idea and the process workers take over, you can get anyone to work in a factory but not as a game dev of any kind.

Most of them bring their experiences in management from other industries which can mean didly squat if they cannot "think outside the box" and adapt. I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't think of anyone working for them as a number.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo