Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Uplay Details

Ubisoft announces details on Splinter Cell Conviction support for Uplay, their "online destination available via an in-game interface. The service consists of Uplay Win, Uplay Help, Uplay Share and Uplay Shop, and the Uplay beta launched last year with Uplay Win for Assassin’s Creed 2." Here's a trailer showing how to earn Uplay rewards on a PC or Xbox 360, and here's word:

Uplay Win enables players to collect units based on their actions in the games and exchange them for rewards such as exclusive in-game content or digital items. Uplay Win Units can also be gathered across a variety of Ubisoft titles which are currently available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 and PC.

In Splinter Cell Conviction, only available on Xbox 360 and Windows PC, exclusive in-game content such as a SCAR-H assault rifle and access to the Infiltration Game Mode are among the rewards offered through Uplay Win. For those who don't want to redeem their units right away, they can save them to use on many more upcoming Ubisoft titles.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: Ubisoft Uplay Details Apr 22, 2010, 01:03 Jerykk

Anything that combats or slows down the rampant piracy that is killing the PC gaming industry is a good thing, as long as it's not harmful or obtrusive.

The thing that's killing the PC gaming industry are the relatively low sales due to the mainstream focus on consoles. Stopping piracy won't change that. Not that this DRM will ever do that. In fact, it was officially cracked (as opposed to bypassed) today. I suspect Ubisoft's upcoming games will be cracked much more quickly since the hackers already know what to do. If Ubisoft wants their DRM to continue slowing down pirates, they'll have to constantly revamp it and I'm pretty sure the amount of time and resources necessary for that won't be worth it.

The fact that it's taken this long has deterred a few "day one pirates" who may well have gone out to buy the game instead.

And how many potential customers did it deter from buying the game? I know I'm one and I know several others on this forum are as well.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2010, 01:12.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo