Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing

Blizzard announces the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition, an enhanced version of the upcoming real-time strategy sequel. This announcement reveals the pricing structure for the standard edition as well as the CE, saying the game will be $59.99 USD, while the CE will be $99.99. The Collector's Edition will include a 176 page art-book, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a soundtrack CD, a StarCraft comic book prequel issue #0, a World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet, and exclusive Battle.net downloadable content. "We've been looking forward to revisiting the StarCraft universe with our players for over 10 years, and we wanted to offer an epic collector's edition that commemorated the occasion," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "This special version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty -- easily our biggest collector's edition to date -- does just that, and we think StarCraft II gamers will really enjoy all of the exclusive contents." Some images come with the announcement, though it looks like our screenshots script processed them a bit oddly.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing Apr 8, 2010, 16:04 Grumble

The Xbox360 and PS3 moved to this price point and people still buy the games. I doubt there's a significant difference between PC and console gamers that preclude PC gamers from dropping $60 for a video game that they want. And I'm sure many people play games on multiple systems. Why would they be OK spending that much money for a console game but not a PC game?

Regardless, it's another case of voting with your wallet. If you're not a huge Star Craft fan and the $60 price point irritates you, then wait. It'll find its way to the bargain bin. I say that as I patiently wait for Modern Warfare to drop to ~$20. =P

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo