Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment in Receivership

The Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment Website settles the question of whether the company is bankrupt or not, saying a receiver has been appointed to sort through the affairs of the troubled Stargate Worlds developer (thanks Voodoo Extreme). The update sheds light on where things currently stand, which is not good:

With regard to actual operations, game development has ceased. Not to be redundant, but there are no employees. The online game, Stargate Resistance, was launched sometime in mid-February prior to appointment of the Receiver. However, because of the funding issue, unpaid wages and creditor issues, a joint venture agreement was entered into on March 2nd with an entity called Fresh Start Studios, LLC (“FSS”) whereby CMG contributed the assets of Stargate Resistance and FSS took over support and all operating cost. The principals behind FSS are some of your fellow concerned shareholders of CME and CMG. They have taken this step in an effort to preserve the game and prevent it from going offline because they felt there was no other alternative. Another logistical operational issue exists with regard to the building premises currently occupied by CME and CMG. Again, due to a lack of available funds, the company cannot pay back due rent and property taxes of approximately $35,000 that is due and the landlord has indicated that he will “lock the doors” at midnight March 31st. In addition, it appears that the actual tenant who signed the original lease is not CME or CMG. Therefore, CME and CMG will begin vacating the premises today unless some unforeseen last minute reprieve occurs. It is a very fluid situation to say the least.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment in Receivership Mar 27, 2010, 23:06 Rigs

..look who's laughin now suckas

Geeze, Wildone, bitter much?

It's always sad to see another developer go down, especially in this kind of economic market. But I don't doubt that in a few years we'll see dev companies sprouting up monthly when the economy rebounds. Maybe this time they'll remember the bad times and not go splurging on the wild office toys...or, in this case, they'll actually put their own names on the office lease...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo