Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DICE on PC Bad Company 2

DICE's Patrick Back discusses the PC edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 a few times in an interview on Gamasutra about the just-released military shooter sequel, where the senior producer on the Battlefield series talks about appealing to a PC audience he says "is much more forgiving in some ways, but they're much more demanding in other ways" compared with console gamers. He also explains how they didn't plan to release the first Bad Company for PCs because they thought it wouldn't appeal to PC gamers, who proceeded to ask for it: "We said, 'Well, we thought you wouldn't like it. We thought we had to scale it down or change it in different ways.' But when we released it, [the response] was actually, 'This is pretty good. This is a proper Battlefield game.' So, we just said, 'Let's go ahead and make this for PC, and focus on tuning it more to the PC audience and that kind of gameplay.' So there's more open gameplay, more detail in the shooting experience, and all of those things that the PC audience would like."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: DICE on PC Bad Company 2 Mar 7, 2010, 19:18 4D-Boxing

ColoradoHoudini wrote:
The fact that I can pour 15 bullets into a guy who is running at me, wielding a knife.. and he kills me

Same here until I unlocked the Aug, but the grip really helps as well when using the assault kit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo