Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Widescreen Patch Tomorrow

The next patch for BioShock 2 will be released in the wee hours tomorrow at 2:00 am PST, which is 5:00 am EST. The update will fix the field of view on widescreen monitors so 16:9 resolutions will no longer be letterboxed versions of 4:3 resolutions, also fixing an issue where holding the M1 button would not register in multiplayer play. Word on The Cult of Rapture is that 2K Games is also working on a larger patch: "Our next BioShock 2 PC Patch is due out tomorrow. You'll be able to download the patch starting at 2 AM PST on Tuesday, February 23rd. This patch is small because we focused on getting it out quickly to fix a couple high priority issues the community had, rather than roll them in to a larger patch that would take longer to reach you. We are working on a larger, more extensive patch now and as testing nears finalization I'll update you on that patch's download date."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: BioShock 2 Widescreen Patch Tomorrow Feb 23, 2010, 17:17 ^Drag0n^

But still, would the framerates be decent? I'm not defending their position of omitting the hardware, I'm just wondering if it would even be playable. My (totally unscientific) observation is that the games released in the last 12 months need the speed of the RV400 and G80 series chips to not be a slideshow and still look worth the money you shelled out for them.

I mean Fallout 3 "runs" on a 6800ultra, if by runs you mean a 16fps slideshow with the texture detail of a Flintstones cartoon

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo