Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects

The Neill Blomkamp interview part three on the Los Angeles Times talks with the director about the prospects of a prequel to District 9, the sci-fi movie he directed. The conversation also touches on the idea of a District 9 video game, which he says he'd have input on, though any decision on whether this will happen is in the hands of producer Peter Jackson. Even though Blomkamp was set to direct a Halo movie, he starts by saying "I play a lot of video games. The idea of 'District 9' as a video game stresses me out a little bit because games based on movies rarely work. And movies based on games don't work -- I don't know what's up with that." After getting that out of the way, he goes on to say:

But anyway, "District 9" as a game would be fascinating. And I don't want to see it happen for any sort of corporate reason or profit thing. I used to be involved in computer graphics and I love virtual environments. That's why I like video games, really. And I think a virtual environment of the slums of Soweto is an appealing idea to me. The weapons are cool, too. I photographed the film in a way that isn't that different than video-game perspective in some parts. So a game would be interesting to me. There's nothing happening with it though.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Jan 8, 2010, 07:21 Kevlar

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 23:40:
Mike Hunt wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 23:01:
Political what?!? Man turns into prawn, gets fucked over by everyone, then gets revenge with an array of awesome guns and a mech suit.
All you need to know. That, and apparently if we ever stop being racist to our own species, we'll pass it on to someone else's.

Not quite all you need to know. Man uses gravity gun to shoot a goddamned pig through a tin shack.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo