Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So after having the obvious point made for me that birds don't need feeding during the summer, I suspended my bird-feeding operation in the backyard until a few weeks ago, as it's now slim pickings for food out there. Unfortunately the slim pickings are impacting the squirrels as well, as they have resumed their assault on my stores of bird seed. The seed is in a metal garbage can after the little rodents ate through the lid on the plastic one I was using, but now they've figured out how to get the lid off. I placed a chunk of cinderblock on the lid, and they've still managed to get in there. I'll have to find a more effective way to keep them out, but in the meantime I'm tempted to rig a camera out there just so I can watch the process of getting the lid off the can.

Canned Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Civiballs: Xmas Levels Pack.
Arcuz.
Ice Breaker: The Gathering.
Links: Petition for the Theatrical Cuts of the Original Star Wars Trilogy On Blu-ray. Thanks nin.
Top 194 Geeky Christmas Trees and Ornaments 2009.
Caprica Pilot Is Online, Not Very Good.
Stories: Grinch at work: one of arboretum's rare conifers cut down, stolen. Thanks Boing Boing.
Fat albino hedgehog put on diet.
Is it time for 'The Simpsons' to 'g'oh'?
Images: Darth Vader gets his Christmas wish. Thanks dakslf.
Diagram of Geek Culture. Thanks Neatorama.
25 People Playing With Fire. Thanks Digg.
Media: X-Play Comedy: Real Life Achievements.
Clash of the Titans Second Trailer.
Toilet Intrigues Cat.
Follow-up: The dogged debate about training methods.*
*For the record, it's not the carrot *or* the stick, it's the carrot *and* the stick.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2009, 12:42 DG

try a bungee cord  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo