Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands DLC Released

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, the debut DLC for Borderlands, is now available to update Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter with new content. The DLC is available from the Gearbox Software Store, where they warn that: "If you purchased Borderlands from a digital delivery service such as Steam or D2D, contact them to upgrade your copy of Borderlands." The Steam version of the DLC is online as well, here's word from there on the DLC:

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is the first Add-On for Borderlands with new enemy types, new missions, and new ... surprises.

The Jakobs Corporation would like to invite you to experience the splendor of a corporate owned small town known as Jakobs Cove. Any rumors you may have heard about the "undead" walking our streets are completely preposterous and we officially deny them all. If those rumors turn out to be true simply purchase a firearm from the conveniently located Jakobs Brand Vending Machines and aim for the head. Also, would you mind saving our employees? (Non-union only please)

• 5 New Areas to Explore
    • Dozens of New Missions
    • New Enemies to Eviscerate

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

43. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 11, 2009, 12:01 Verno

It's not DRM if it doesn't do anything. Steam is ten times worse DRM than even an activation model SecuROM, let along a modification that does nothing at all.

I am sure it has something to do with the DLC having securom and the game needing some files to work through that protection when accessing it. Why didn't they announce it? Because no one gives a shit, that's why. You can talk about these Steam forum folks all you want but I spent a great deal of time there today and the numbers are limited, most of them are complaining about the activation limits on the DLC which I oppose as well, and they represent a small minority of buyers in the first place.

I know you are outraged, I am telling you it is for nothing but you ignore that, and that's your decision. Don't act like this is some grand crusade I am too dumb to understand though, the simple fact is that dormant SecuROM files which do nothing being found in a game with massive Steam DRM already, or SecuROM already at retail, means nothing to the vast majority of people.

Massive Steam DRM is what people signed up for when they bought the game on Steam you buffoon. No one signed up for them slipping in other DRM unannounced, active or not. People can tolerate Steam DRM, they like the convenience tradeoff. They do not like SecuRom. People are outraged because of the hilarious disarray that is this game's release for the PC, this is not hard to see if you'd stop trying to make excuses for them and actually examine the facts objectively.

I don't know where your sudden need to defend every bad decision the industry makes comes from but it's thinly veiled at best and makes you look utterly ludicrous.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo