Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 2 Multiplayer?

A job opening listed on LinkedIn seeks a "Senior Online Level Designer" for the Dead Space franchise (thanks IndustryGamers), specifically mentioning the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions. The name of the position alone is enough to raise suspicions that the just-announced action/horror sequel will include multiplayer support, which are fuelled by the job description, which follows.

Job Description

Seeking a highly motivated Senior Online Level Designer for the Dead Space franchise on Xbox360 and PS3. This is a major opportunity to contribute creatively to an exciting new franchise.

Responsibilities:

Conceptualize, script, direct, and build online levels for the game.
Own the level design for the online game, be able to work collaboratively with Creative Director and Online Producer to create extremely fun, satisfying and polished multiplayer levels.
Drive online design by taking the initiative to bring all parties together to execute on the overall vision for the levels.
Be a collaborative member of the design team, and contribute to reviews, feedback, and playtest sessions.
Hands on contributor

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Dead Space 2 Multiplayer? Dec 7, 2009, 16:08 Zardoz5

Other than for the bullet point on the back of the box, why bother Visceral? Focus on the single player game please, or if anything just have online co-op. Certain games don't need multiplayer, ie Bioshock 2. I wonder if maybe they are thinking of doing a L4D type multiplayer?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo