Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight Patch Plans

The Runic Games Forums outline issues being collected for the first patch for Torchlight, saying they will announce the status of the patch after more issues are collected. They also note that distribution will be tricky, as they "have to patch across multiple partners, and each one has to have a slightly different patch." The post outlines a number of issues, and many of them include a reassuring note saying they are fixed. Likewise, the Torchlight Post-Launch and MMO Q&A on Ten Ton Hammer talks with various folks at Runic Entertainment about the game's launch, as well as the plan to follow this up with an MMO variant on the single-player RPG. Along the way Travis Baldree indicates they hope to release the patch as well as the game editor this week: "We’re hoping this week [the week of November 1st]. Basically, what we’re doing right now is taking a lot of assets – the 3D Studio Max files, the characters, the wardrobes, the tilesets, monsters - from the game and give them out with the editor. The editor’s ready to go, it’s just a matter of packing it up with a little bit more documentation. We’re getting one patch out the door first, and that’s the plan. It should be real soon."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: Torchlight Patch Plans Nov 4, 2009, 01:30 ColoradoHoudini

I'd love to see a MP version come out in a year.. maybe add 1 more class too..
it'd sell like hotcakes!
very interested in their mmo based on this title.

I also dislike the damn "i must loot everything to get to the one good item" issue.. and lack of bag space in general. I want an autoloot feature for my pet too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo