Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2009, 12:40 Wowbagger_TIP

I've got to agree with the complaints about Borderlands. I'm only about halfway through I think, but it seems like a game with the potential to be great if they'd just spent the time to fix the infuriatingly bad interface. Why do some windows let you mouse-scroll (sort of, it only works when you're at the top or bottom row of items), while others make you use pgup/pgdn or arrow keys? WTF? Pretty much everything about the inventory and buy/sell screens is convoluted, consolized crap.

I hate the vehicle handling too. Why not just use the a and d keys for turning like any other game and let us look around with the mouse, like any other game? It's not like there isn't a pretty good consensus on the basics of vehicle handling for the PC. If you're going to do it differently, you'd better have a good reason and it had better work at least as well. They apparently have neither.

Ok, now that I got all that out, I do still like the game. So far it's been pretty fun. Playing as hunter right now and it's pretty cool. Easy to get overrun by skags, especially the big ones, if you don't have some pretty serious weapons though. Kind of wish the hunter had a few other tricks to protect himself before he starts shooting. Like prox or remote mines or something. You know that they're going to swarm you once you take the first shot, often from multiple directions. A little preparation would seem to be in order. Still, sniping is fun, and even the other weapons like SMGs and pistols are cool for that close-in work.

Anyone know if the game is moddable?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo