Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The change I hinted about recently has come to pass, and as of today we are no longer part of the UGO network. Some of you may have noticed there are no ads here today, while many of you are finding things no different, as you have taken to blocking ads here due to the preponderance of pop-ups and takeovers. Ads will return tomorrow or the next day, but without the types of disruptive ads we've seen in the past, and they will not return unless there is no way to keep the site online without them. More about this going forward.

Other stuff: More kudos to Frans who helped make this transition go smoothly. To those who wanted pics of the doggies in their minimalist costumes, I will try and get one up soon, in the meantime, here are a couple of shots of Bellevue's TF2 Engineer and Sentry getup. Also, today is the first day back on Standard Time here in the US, but there probably aren't too many who need reminding of that with so many clocks on cable boxes, computers, and cell phones able to update automatically.

Finally, happy birthday mom. I still miss you.

Ad-free Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Flood Fill.
Jane's Realty.
Stories: DARPA "balloon hunt" could win you $40K cash.
The History Of Halloween. Thanks Acleacius.
Science: The unromantic truth about why we kiss - to spread germs. Thanks Digg.
A farmer's field of dreams buries climate change war. Thanks Slashdot.
Tattoos: What Were They Thinking? Thanks Digg.
Media: Remix- Home Alone meets Saw.
Cool Pumpkin Design.
The Flying Eagle - The Coolest Bowling Shot Ever.
Follow-ups: Controversy erupts over mock lunar lander contest.
The Funnies: How Different Age Groups Celebrate Halloween. Thanks Digg.
UserFriendly.
FoxTrot.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2009, 14:03 Pundit Guy

The evil Flash pop-up is the only reason I have Blues ads blocked. If that's gone, I'll unblock this site immediately.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo