Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight and Torchlight Demo Released

The Torchlight Website announces the release of Torchlight, the new action/RPG from Runic Games (thanks A51Abductee). They describe some issues they've had to overcome, which means they are not offering the playable demo just yet, but the demo can be acquired through Steam. The full game is available from Runic Games as well as GamersGate, Steam, and WildTangent. Here's a bit of the official description of the game:

The adventure is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember – a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember’s influence on the civilizations that have come before.

Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomization ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

88. Re: Torchlight & Demo Oct 29, 2009, 06:47 peteham

Loving this game so far. Given the price-tag, this game is Steal Of The Year! In addition, and I can't quite put my finger on why, but I'm actually liking it far more than Titan Quest, Immmortal Throne included. It has some of that indefinable Diablo magic that TQ completely lacked for me. I think it's part controls, part stats/itemization and of course the music. Something about TQ just never felt "right". Torchlight does; so far. That's not to say it doesn't have some issues of course, but that brings us back to the pricetag which makes it easy to overlook most of them.

Small tip for new players, since you can't change difficulties without creating a new character: Go for hard or very hard immediately. Normal seems ridiculously easy, at least up until level 7 or so, where I restarted and increased the difficulty. Decided to go for very hard after some experimentation on the first level, and currently level 14 with my bowazon (or whatever it's called in Torchlight). Haven't run into any serious brick-walls so far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo