Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands' Firm Street Dates

Though some folks have been able to purchase Borderlands early, 2K Games confirms that the game's DRM will not unlock until next week's scheduled release dates for Gearbox's role-playing shooter (thanks nin via IGN). The 2K Forums have a comment from 2K community manager 2K Elizabeth explaining the situation:

Yesterday we learned that a fraction of the PC copies of Borderlands were accidentally sold to consumers in some countries but that gamers could not activate their copies yet. Since we learned of this problem, we have been looking into the issue to find the best possible solution for everyone.

I'm going to be completely honest with you guys right now. It is not possible for us to move the planned release date of the game forward. We could not possibly get the games into stores worldwide and out for digital distribution any earlier than planned. Less than 1% of all copies were sold, and if we unlocked the game today, illegal versions would most likely appear on torrents by the evening. I am sure all of you want our PC launch to be as successful as possible, and we simply won't be able to manage that any earlier than already planned.

I want to apologize for those of you who have gotten the game ahead of our release date, and ask for your patience and understanding. The game will be ready in the US and Canada at midnight eastern standard time on Monday, October 26th, and internationally by Friday, October 30th.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

159. Re: That argument doesn't hold. Oct 27, 2009, 01:32 Krovven

but mouse doesn't work well on most areas of the game that have menus (consolotis).

Yea, some menu's use scroll wheel, some menus use PGUP/PGDOWN, some use the up/down arrows...really inconsistent and fucked up.

Friends window you can use the mouse, but you cant see the mouse cursor.

Other menu's give you an OK/Cancel option but also give a press ENTER or ESCAPE option...but pressing ESCAPE doesn't actually work.

Changing inventory and comparing items is trial by error. When in a shop and select an item to compare, the first things listed are other items in the store, rather than your own equipment, which you have to scroll down to see (mouse wheel works here).

Quest window, there is a down arrow (clickable on most screens) but can't be clicked, mouse wheel doesnt work, you have to use PGUP/PGDOWN.

Is there no hotkey for using a medkit? Do you really have to open Inventory and double click on it?

Swapping out inventory items to your equipped items is dumb, obviously made for a click-select, press right, click-to exchange using a gamepad. Would be far better to drag and drop, or double click and auto-equip. Instead you click to select a pistol and it auto-selects your Sniper-Rifle inventory slot? WTF?

The AI can be absolutely fucking retarded! Some mobs you can snipe from a distance and they act like nothing happened. Get closer, they start chasing you, easy to get them stuck on a barrel, repeatedly trying to jump over a barrel, or they will get on a rock 20 feet above you in perfect position to pounce on you, but just stand there while you shoot at them.

Maybe if Pitchford spent less time mouthing off about other companies and more time QAing his own product...?

There is an underlying great game here, marred by lazy Design, Programming and QA.

Edit: Another example. Quest, Bone Head's Theft. Target = Bone Head. I'm a Hunter (ie: Sniper). Get to close to his camp and he chases, I run away, take cover, he retreats. I move in from another direction, he immediately knows where I am and is facing me as I peak around the rocks, but doesn't shoot, doesn't move. I just stand there headshotting him over and over, Critical after Critical until he is dead. Quest complete. Kill his cronies that spawn after his death, loot up and move on.

I'm beginning to regret this purchase, and wish I had bought Dragon Age instead, despite DA:O being almost twice the price to go for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Torchlight tomorrow...at least I know I enjoy playing that game having already played it at PAX.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2009, 02:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo