Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Sentinel Tactics Announced

Fabulist Games announces Star Sentinel Tactics, a sci-fi turn-based tactics game planned for release in the first quarter of next year where the player controls a squad of United Alliance Marines, as they battle to prevent a race of bloodthirsty reptilians from launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy. A batch of Star Sentinel Tactics screenshots accompany the announcement, and here's a bit:

Star Sentinel Tactics takes the proven gameplay of turn-based tactical combat, and invigorates it with exciting new ideas like eliminating CPU turn waiting, dynamic battles and narrative-driven missions. As well as dazzling 3D graphics and line-of-sight driven by a powerful physics engine, the game offers a cast of captivating characters and creatures, and an array of explosive weaponry. Each of the 28 hand-crafted missions will offer players a unique tactical challenge, from creeping silently past patrols in a dusty desert city to providing cover for heavy assault troops as they raid an alien mothership.

As well as a compelling single player campaign, the game will ship with a full-featured suite of editing tools, which will allow players to craft their own weapons, characters, missions and even campaigns.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Star Sentinel Tactics Announced Oct 22, 2009, 12:01 Stormsinger

"a squad of United Alliance Marines, as they battle to prevent a race of bloodthirsty reptilians from launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy."

I'm not really sure who's at fault on this, but it drives me right up the wall every time I see such absolutely terrible writing for a game's backstory. A single -squad-, to defeat a force that's going to attack an entire -galaxy-? Just flipping ridiculous...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo