The Galactic Command Online website
now heralds the coming of Galactic Command Online
, the MMOG that 3000AD
started teasing at the beginning of this month
. The game will
follow 3000AD's focus on space and planetary combat, and it is said to be "due
to be released between Q4/2010 and Q1/2011," offering both a
microtransaction-supported subscription-free mode as well as premium
subscriptions. 3000AD also tells us this is intended as their last game, not
because they are leaving the game business, but that they foresee supporting
this over the years going forward with expansions and other updates. The website
offers some pre-alpha screenshots and a pre-alpha video trailer along with an
extensive FAQ covering various aspects of the project. Here's the bulleted
• Seamless space and planetary game worlds with the
ability to travel between space and planets seamlessly.
• Real time twitch (no dice rolling) based action gameplay.
• Trading and exploration are complimentary and not a primary focus of
• Twelve player races and eight careers to choose.
• Short career path with each career having the ability to reach a high rank
rapidly and without an endless grind.
• A vast number of player controlled crafts including capital ships (carriers,
cruisers, transports), fighters, vehicles etc.
• Basic and intuitive trading model with ability to trade with NPC units,
space stations, planetary bases and other players.
• Player fleet owned space stations, planetary bases and cities.
• Ability to build a variety of assets based on career and rank. No complex
• Space flight combat action as well as first person, aerial and vehicle
combat action on planets.
• Full 3D cockpit/bridge interface for all player controlled assets.
• Over 100+ player controlled space and planetary assets ranging from
planetary vehicles to massive battleships.
• First and third person perspective gameplay.
• Ability to exist in first person mode inside stations.
• Ability to exist in first person mode inside capital ships (carriers,
cruisers, transports) supported via add-on expansion module.
• Supports a variety of controllers including mouse, joystick, analog
gamepads, XB360 Controller For Windows etc.