Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DiRT 2 DirectX 11 Interview

Dirt 2: Best graphics on PC due to DirectX 11 features on PC Games Hardware looks at what DirectX 11 support is bringing to DiRT 2, Codemasters' racing game that's coming to PCs this December. Topics include their game engine, technical aspects of developing for DirectX 11, data streaming, optimizations for multiple CPUs and GPUs, physics, DX11 advantages, Windows XP support, and more.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: DiRT 2 DirectX 11 Interview Sep 25, 2009, 11:53 4D-Boxing

By all means keep crying about having to spend money but I for one am looking forward to it. Is it going to rewrite gaming? No. But it's certainly going to improve it.

My point exactly.. why freak over new tech? People even cry about PhysX support lol...

I assume those people never heard of 3DFX & glide...lol... I'm sure the PC enthusiasts know where I'm going with that comment..

Gee, nVidia slagging off a technology that they haven't yet implemented... who'd thunk it?

That's the name of the game..just like ATI comments about PhysX..though PhysX is what it is lol...(we all know the story) or DX 10.1 cards somebody..

Some companies learned from DX10 debacle others did not... it's not about the value of the new tech. it's about selling a 400$ card that only a handfull of games will be able to use fully. Take into consideration the fact that most people will wait at least a year and get the same support and probably better performance from a revised card (ATI or Nvidia who cares..).

Buy a 8800GTX on release day or wait for DX10 titles to really hit the market & get a GTX 280 on release day..what would have been the better choice?! People could even have skipped DX10 hardware all together.

Why people get caught up in marketing hype is beyond me they should just do their own research just like you did with regards to Hardware tessellation or with Nvidia's sad attempts at hyping DX10.. Education is the key!!

like you said it's 2009 .. even cell phones have Google now lol...

Remember people new tech. is good but it does not mean that you have to buy it ASAP!!!

Bring on DX15…I'll buy the hardware when the time is right…not when the API is released lol..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo