Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallen Earth Rises

FALLEN EARTH, LLC announces Fallen Earth is live and accepting new players into their self-titled MMORPG thanks to the joys of digital distribution, as the boxed version is not expected on store shelves until the end of this month. Here's the full announcement:

Raleigh, NC -September 22, 2009 - FALLEN EARTH, LLC announced the commercial launch of its self-titled massively multiplayer online (MMO) game today. The game is scheduled to reach retailers nationwide by September 30. Additionally, fans can download Fallen Earth digitally from Direct2Drive, Steam and the Fallen Earth store for instant access to live service today.

"The thoughtful development and diligence of our team is realized in a physical product, and that's exciting," said Jessica Orr, product manager for Fallen Earth. "We are pleased to add another avenue of purchase for our fans in conjunction with our existing digital sales."

Fallen Earth combines the accuracy of first-person shooter style games with the depth and character advancement of a role-playing game. The game features a classless advancement system, a real-time crafting system in which players can make 95 percent of in game items, six unique factions, 70 towns and more than 1,000 square kilometers of zoneless territory to explore. Set in 2156 after the deadly Shiva virus and nuclear holocaust devastated the Earth, survivors are left with the choice to rebuild civilization and rise above the destruction or to embrace the chaos and tear down what's left of the old world.

Fans can gain immediate access to the game today by digitally downloading through Direct2Drive, Steam and the Fallen Earth store. All purchases offer a free 30-day subscription. Check individual web sites for purchase offers and terms.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Fallen Earth Rises Sep 22, 2009, 21:38 Nate

Based on the what little I could stomach of the beta, I'd strongly recommend waiting until they offer free trials of FE.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo