Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Killing Floor Free & Paid DLC Plans

Tripwire announces plans for new free content for Killing Floor as well as upcoming paid DLC for the multiplayer zombie game. The announcement is accompanied by a batch of new screenshots, and here's word:

20 July 2009, Roswell, GA: Tripwire is happy to announce details for the upcoming “Heavy Metal” free content pack for their hit co-op zombie shooter, Killing Floor. This first of many free updates planned for Killing Floor adds an all-new map, new weapons and new functionality and will be available to anyone that owns the game.

The new level, entitled “Foundry”, is set in an old iron works which the Horzine Corporation has converted to support their top secret military projects. Exactly what they have been up to here is a matter for conjecture – but before we can send in investigators, your squad has to get in there and clean out the infestation of specimens.

To assist in your task, there are now two new weapons. The first is an old favorite of armed forces the world over: the AK-47. In our case, it has the folding stock, for ease-of-use in close quarters. This one will fit in as a heavier weapon for the Commando Perk and provide extra stopping power over the base Bullpup. The second is a weapon that just about every special-forces soldier in every movie seems to know intimately, for no good reason other than personal interest: the Japanese Katana sword. Just where the squad got hold of it is a mystery, but this piece of Samurai history is just so fitting, such a thing of beauty and such a perfect melee weapon, that we aren’t going to ask too many questions.

In addition to this free update, Tripwire Interactive will be releasing our first paid DLC character pack for Killing Floor very soon. This character pack adds four new playable characters including a Horzine foundry worker and a soldier in prototype Horzine body armor.

Killing Floor is available now on Steam (www.steampowered.com) and will be in stores across the world shortly.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Killing Floor Free & Paid DLC Plans Jul 21, 2009, 15:21 Elessar

I'm curious. Can anyone who has played both comment on how Killing Floor compares to L4D? My main concern was that KF's controls and overall gameplay didn't seem as tight as L4D. But I'd be open to being convinced otherwise.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo