Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Far Cry 3 save system annoyances Dec 20, 2012, 00:03 2nd_floor

Why do we get the save system that we get in Far Cry 3? How is it enjoyable to use? You can save anytime except during missions, but are during missions not THE place you'd really like to save? How about getting down to the last 1 or 2 out of 10 guys to kill at a base, dying, and having to start the whole mission again from start (safe houses anyway, the ship Medusa had a checkpoint that saved after 5 guys were killed). 2 hours playing Far Cry 3, 8/10 guys at one base dead, I died on the last or second last guy and 2 hours of my time are lost. Wow, annoying beyond!!

Does it really make the game too easy if we can save when we want all the time, and be put back to the exact location of the save? The number of hours of repeated gameplay because of not being able to save is unbelievable! Are there not other ways they can make this and others games more difficult rather than forcing us to replay parts we clearly have already completed?!?!

Checkpoint saves challenge you by forcing you to repeat parts of the game over and over until you finish them, maybe with different strategies each time? Are there not enough bases and missions in the game that we can try a different strategy at the next one? Having to repeat gameplay I don't think challenges the player in the right way at all! it is supposed to be fun, and with checkpoint saves, it becomes annoying and frustrating having to play the way somebody else wants you to play.

I have not completed a hunting mission of killing 4 leopards with a bow and arrow. I got to 3/4 and the 4th killed me. This was on the third try after using 2 kinds of hunting syringes on two different attempts, and a lot of effort into it. Why should I go back and try to complete this mission again, it's ridiculous. I had 3/4 killed and now I must start from 0 again. I could SCREAM!!!! What a waste of time! How does needing to start from 0 again make me learn anything about how to better kill the animals in the game?

Secondly, why do we have to be put back to the nearest safe house or radio tower when we load a game? Why can we not save at any tree/car/river/etc., and load the game from this exact location again? It plays with your thinking of the gameplay (I don't need to start at a safe house, I'm refuelled and ready to go from my last game for example. I'd like to start exactly at the tree/car where I left off last time). This second one is beyond me, I do not understand it. I just leads to more than necessary driving or running around the map, which is ridiculous.

I don't understand how this save system in Far Cry 3 is not going to cause annoyances and frustration (or any other games' checkpoint-only save system)!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo