Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Delayed

The gaming mavens at the Wall Street Journal report BioShock 2 is delayed from the October 30 European release revealed all of six weeks ago. The delay is until Take Two's fiscal 2010, which begins on November 1, 2009, though the safe presumption is the game will be delayed from its planned November 3 release in North America as well. The announcement is accompanied by word that Take Two is revising their financial projections downward, and the statement from Chairman Strauss Zelnick reads: "We recognize that our revised outlook for the balance of fiscal year 2009, due to both internal and external factors, is a disappointment. That said, we concluded that moving the release of 'BioShock 2' into fiscal year 2010 was the right decision for the product." There's an additional comment on Kotaku (thanks nin) where Take Two says the delay is to "provide additional development time for the title."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: BioShock 2 Delayed Jul 13, 2009, 19:38 tuddies

A delay for further development is usually a good thing.

Bioshock1 with the difficulty patch moved the intended gameplay of moral choices and consequences out of the discard bin and into the game. Without it, I would never have played it again and again. Its a shame that this happened post-release and from a third party, because it would have improved the gameplay immensely for many people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo