Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer

A post on Ecto-Web analyzes the Ghostbusters: The Video Game specs, pointing out that Windows is the only one of the game's platforms other than the DS that's not getting multiplayer co-op, a shortcoming that's also highlighted on Co-Optimus. Thanks Gary.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

61. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 15, 2009, 15:48 Z9000

Sims 3 is the only PC game where this has been really obvious. Console games aren't immune to it either. SF4 forced you to pay to unlock costumes that were already on the disc. RE5's multiplayer mode was the same. It's a trend that's consuming the whole industry and isn't limited to PC.

http://kotaku.com/5285729/ea-re+thinking-how-you-spend-your-gaming-money

It's apparently a business plan from here on out. Now we get to buy disks with a portion of the content.

Costumes and stuff? Who cares? That is optional DLC stuff, I am talking about the entire 2nd city in the Sims 3 game.

Everyone? There are only a few games that require Steam and a few that require Impulse. 95% of PC games don't require you to login to anything.

You don't answer my questions, you cut and paste portions and misconstrue what I say, and now make up totally ridiculous statements like this.

Example:

Me: WHY would I want to pay 1k-3k for a rig to put up with crap like that?

You: $1-3k? Seriously? If you buy a $1000 PC today, it'll last you for a very long time. It'll also do more than any console can. A $3000 PC is just a waste of money.

WTF? I mean really. How does an opine about PC prices address my question? You do this all the time...

I haven't seen anything to suggest that these games will be bigger hits than the previous attempts at MMO on console. And I'm pretty sure they'll all be more successful on the PC.

FF14 is probably the best positioned to do this. Especially since the FF11 PC version was disasterous. It's something to watch.

@Dots - No

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 15:48.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo