Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Killing Floor

Steam News announces the release of Killing Floor, the new multiplayer survival horror game from Tripwire Interactive:

Killing Floor, the new zombie action game from Tripwire Interactive - makers of Red Orchestra, is now available via Steam. Killing Floor features multiplayer co-op action for up to six players, over 40 Steam Achievements, persistent perks to level up your character and a solo game mode for offline play.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Killing Floor May 16, 2009, 15:30 Bopper

The game is great! The server browser works better now but is still crap. This is a minor issue, however, and will be fixed. I have not noticed additional bugs after the patch that fixed the one where enemies would disappear right after they were killed.

The game is surprisingly deep, incredibly fun to play and very rewarding in the long run! The levelling up of character classes gives a feeling of overall progression and your skills make more of a difference than in L4D. Not only do you need to know how to play, as in being proficient at headshots, being mobile, knowing what to shoot and when but there is also a deep tactical element to the game. You really need to work together much more than in L4D and with a group of friends the game can be very rewarding.

The normal mode does seem quite difficult when taking into account the difference between normal and beginner, not to mention the fact that there is still a hard and insane difficulty!

I recommend this to anyone who liked L4D and especially those who want something deeper and a bit more "hardcore". Despite it being a hugely tactical and teamplay-based game the actual core gameplay is more enjoyable to me than L4D. What makes it this way is the different weapons, character classes, different types of enemies and the "bullet-time" effect which is cool as hell, potentially hilarious as well as an actual beneficial gameplay addition!

Bottom-line: Amazing value for money. Fun yet deep. Challenging (in the best way possible). For best result, play with friends and voice comm!

This comment was edited on May 16, 2009, 15:33.

- Boppa
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo