Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

GamesIndustry.biz - Console Gamers Aren't PC Gamers. By Byron Atkinson-Jones (Introversion).
The key thing here is that the control scheme appears to work for us - up till this point nobody but the developers have had a chance to play with it. Since the controls tend to be put into place rather early on, the developer gets quickly acclimatised to his chosen control scheme and it's easy to become convinced that what we have now is actually a very good system and therefore best left alone. This introverted approach to playtesting also backfired for us with Darwinia+ - just before we entered into the Code Complete phase of the project our account manager at Microsoft expressed some concerns over the control scheme we had in place. Our problem was one of coherence between Darwinia and Multiwinia and also the fact that our control scheme made use of context sensitivity which meant that controls had meanings based on the current action.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2009, 05:32 Nucas

introversion software discovers xbox live/the lowest common denominator.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo