Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age DLC Plans

BioWare Planning Nearly Two Years' Worth of 'Dragon Age: Origins' DLC on MTV Multiplayer highlights comments from BioWare's Dr. Greg Zeschuk suggesting Dragon Age: Origins will have more downloadable content than you can shake a stick at, provided stick-shaking is your idea of a good time:

You have to remember that video game consumers are some of the smartest, most connected people on the planet. You canít trick them with anything, so donít even try. I donít think itís so much as to trick them, as it is the strategy behind it has to be fully thought out. This is the reason that with ďDragon Age,Ē our DLC strategy is doing it in maybe a year and-a-half or two years, planning exactly when youíre going to do it and how youíre going to do it. Some of our fans would really like us to extend the world, so itís going to be something that will make the world even bigger and more interesting. Itís not going to wreck it or break it.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Dragon Age DLC Plans Apr 6, 2009, 21:47 Warskull

That's just way too long, really. Even if I love the game, by that time I've moved on so thoroughly that the odds of going back to it for DLC is pretty low. It'd have to be Half-Life episode-esque, where the DLC was practically a sequel, for it to be appealing.

Really, it sounds like they will make the DLC a digital only expansion pack. People buy expansion packs for other games. I'm sure if it has plenty of content people will be interested in it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo