Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Six Days in Fallujah Revealed

Konami announces Six Days in Fallujah, based on 2004 Iraq battle on the Los Angeles Times profiles an upcoming third-person survival/horror shooter set in Iraq being developed by recently revived developer Atomic Games. There is also an article on the game in the Wikipedia offering details from the May 2009 issue of Gamepro magazine, quoting Atomic's Peter Tamte describing this as "a meticulously recreated in-game version of Fallujah, complete with real life Marines lending their names and likenesses, as well as recreations of specific events from the battle. It's almost like time travel. You're experiencing the events as they really happened." The survival/horror theme is ascribed to the game based on the atmosphere created by clearing a city house-by-house, rather than the presence of zombies or their ilk, and word is the game will also include destructible environments. The game is in development for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, but no release date is offered.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

43. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Revealed Apr 6, 2009, 22:38 Kedyn

Thank you, cappy, that was very enlightening. I hadn't thought about some of that before.

So the author of this book you post from is also the founder of a group promoting the advocacy of victory in America's ongoing War on Terrorism? Ever herd of propaganda?

I'm not saying that the guy is not a great solider who maybe fought amazingly, I'm say that what he wrote and how it is precentied can be just as bias as some jihad leaflet handed out by 'drug-crazed Mahdi militiaman'

I call white phosphorous a illegal weapon, by the Geneva Conventions, which was used in Fallujah.

I wonder if I'll get to burn innocent women and children with it in Six Days in Fallujah? That really would be horror.

One man's "propaganda" is another man's "information". I suppose I could just call anything you say to be anti-war propaganda, and immediately just ignore it, right?

The book, to me, was neither pro-war nor anti-war. It was merely his experiences before, during, and after the Battle of Fallujah. If anything, the book is definitely pro-military. The most recurring theme in the book is how much he cares about the men under him, and how much he respects those above him (who were pretty much all killed), and around the end of the book, how difficult it was for him to give up what he truly loved doing for the sake of his family.

Regarding White Phosphorous :

Article 1 of Protocol III of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons defines an incendiary weapon as 'any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons through the action of flame, heat, or combination thereof, produced by a chemical reaction of a substance delivered on the target'. The same protocol also prohibits the use of incendiary weapons against civilians (already forbidden by the Geneva Conventions) or in civilian areas. This protocol is only binding upon those who have signed it; the United States, along with the other major military powers, has not signed or agreed to Protocol III and is not bound by it.

However, the use against military targets outside civilian areas is not explicitly banned by any treaty. There is a debate on whether white phosphorus should be considered a chemical weapon and thus be outlawed by the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) which went into effect in April 1997. The convention is meant to prohibit weapons that are "dependent on the use of the toxic properties of chemicals as a method of warfare" (Article II, Definitions, 9, "Purposes not Prohibited" c.).

The thing about white phosphorus is also in how it's used. It's one of the best tools for making a quick smoke screen, and it's also used for illumination at night, and it's universally legal for these purposes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo