Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Legends of Zork not an MMORPG

Activision and Jolt Online Gaming sent out their first newsletter for Legends of Zork looking to expand their beta group and promising that more details about the game will be released in the next few days (thanks Kxmode). One thing they want to clarify right now is that the game will not be an MMORPG, as has been speculated:

Now, a word about LoZ (as we affectionately call it). I've been reading a lot of speculation about what kind of a game this will be and I really want to set expectations correctly. LoZ is a casual adventure game. We've designed it to be the kind of game that sneaks into your soul and steals about 20mins of your time each day. It's not an MMO (collective sigh of relief, I'd imagine). We genuinely think it's a worthy addition to the Zork universe but at the same time we know that some of you won't agree. You'll have the opportunity to try it out very soon though.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Legends of Zork not an MMORPG Mar 10, 2009, 13:28 Aero

That depends. The original games were all text based adventure games (similar to MUD's), so they'd be a little hard to swallow these days. I actually had a giant floppy version of the first one when I was a kid, I forget which size, but much bigger than 5.25's, but it was a relic at that point--I'm not that old.

Return to Zork had graphics, kind of pointy and clicky like Myst or The 7th Guest, and was likewise near the beginning of the whole FMV thing, and lord knows that was sort of a dark time in computer gaming history. It was okay though I guess, at least I thought so at the time.

There were others following, I've never played any of those.

I imagine they're all going to feel pretty dated no matter which you play. They were definitely cool in their way though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo