Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ESA Spent Almost $1M in Q4

Forbes.com reports the Entertainment Software Association spent $980K in Q4 2008 on the trade group's lobbying efforts. They offer an outline of what this money bought them:

The group opposes efforts to regulate the content of entertainment media, including the creation of government-sanctioned ratings systems. It lobbied on issues such as parental control technology, the regulation of media violence and the sale of video games to minors.

In the October-December period, the ESA also lobbied on intellectual property protection, and green cards for skilled foreign workers and the H1-B visa program, which allows temporary employment of foreign workers in specialized and advanced-degree positions.

The ESA lobbied Congress, the Justice Department, Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission and other agencies, according to the report filed Jan. 16 with the House clerk's office.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: ESA Spent Almost $1M in Q4 Mar 9, 2009, 15:38 Karnisov

ESA supports H1-B. hrmm. guess the member companies are now on my shit list. no more sympathy from me when they cry pirate.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2009, 15:39.

"Think for yourself. Question authority."
-- Timothy Leary
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo