Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

H.A.W.X Interview

There's a Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X interview on Student Life talking with Shane Bierwith about the upcoming aerial combat game. The conversation covers the game's more accessible approach than a full flight simulator, but they also discuss ways of achieving a more realistic experience: "There are also settings in the game where you can switch...to expert mode, and itís more of a realistic, simulator-type experience. Iím not going to say that this is a flight simulator, because thatís not what it is, but if you use a flight stick, if you change the settings to expert mode [and] if you play in the cockpit, all these different elements will definitely give you more of a simulation experience. We donít want to count out the hard-core guys, because I think theyíd love this game as much as newcomers would." Thanks Chris.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: H.A.W.X Interview Mar 6, 2009, 09:09 Quboid

Does the game ever force you to use the obnoxious external camera except for that one tutorial? I played the demo's other mission, which was less a tutorial and more a typical campaign mission, and I simply never pressed the button to turn off "Assistance mode", no problem. Did I miss out on anything other than the stupid camera?  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo