Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

The new Terminator Salvation Trailer is online, featuring music by Nine Inch Nails and some spoilers. Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2009, 03:33 Syntarsus

Maybe I've missed something, but everything I see says "Not Yet Rated". And all I've heard is that it might be rated PG-13. Even if that were the case, I don't see why that has to be such a deal-breaker. If the trailer is any indication, it looks like a fairly hard-nosed PG-13, and ratings are pretty mallable over time. Jaws was PG, and it had no shortage of brutal, bloody shark attacks, including a little kid getting eaten alive. The Andromeda Strain had dead babies, female nudity, and a guy getting a hole burned into his face, and that was rated G. At any rate, if Watchmen does well, then I'm wagering that'll tip the scales pretty hard for Terminator to go R.

I've also not seen anything that says James Cameron hated the script. Only that he's given neither his support nor his disapproval. One movie he did give his blessing to was Terminator 3. Oops.

As for McG, he's directed the Charlies Angels films, which were dumb and campy, just like the dumb, campy TV show they're remade from. Not sure what anyone was really expecting there.. BTW, those were Drew Barrymore's pet projects. He was just the director. His only other movie is We Are Marshall. Doesn't seem like enough data to make much of an opinion about his input.

The only real red flag I've heard about this movie is that it's gone through a number of rewrites. Other than that, I don't see a reason to dismiss it outright.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo