Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Scout Update

Steam News announces the new Scout update for Team Fortress 2 is now available, and in celebration they are selling Team Fortress 2 on Steam for half-price through Friday. The update to the teamplay shooter has been detailed for the past week, but here's the rundown:

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

New features
    • Added The Force-A-Nature, The Sandman, and Bonk!
    • Added 35 new Scout achievements
    • Added crit boosted on/off sound effects
    • Added new sounds for upgraded teleporters
    • Added new sound for a fully charged medic dying
    • Add bonus points section to scores
    • Scouts earn a bonus point for killing Medics who are actively healing a target
    • Added several new speech concepts, mostly hooked up to new Scout lines
    • Added new "Remember last weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer Advanced dialog
    • Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the "last disguise" key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy's currently held weapon
    • Added several new Arena mode announcer speech events.
    • Added "First Blood" to Arena mode
    • Removed 2x item respawn times in arena
    • Changed backstab handling to fix facestabs
    • Spies disguised as enemy team can now see player IDs for enemies

New maps
    • Added community maps: cp_egypt, arena_watchtower, and cp_junction
    • Updated cp_fastlane with Arttu's new version

Mapmaker requests
    • Added new input for forward speed modifier to FuncTrainTrain
    • Added TeleportToPathTrack input to func_tracktrain

Bugfixes
    • Fixed a bug where players would sometimes gib from non-gib damage kills
    • Fixed stat screen showing an entry for a class called "map."
    • Fixed item model panels not using team skins

- Fixed obscure bug where spectators were able to carry the flag

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. ! Mar 4, 2009, 05:12 Jackplug

Since playin with the new scouts as most have all the weapons due to 90% of ppl have been using the achievement servers to get them, it has been a nightmare. I play as a heavy mostly, but the scout is like 2 shots on a heavy with force of nature and Im dead, but i have to empty abt 30 shots to kill him when hes running around.

Its totally unbalanced and if they dont do something it will kill the game, cos ppl will get peeved off when the scout only has to shoot you twice to kill u.

I think the worst off is the soldier as he has only 4 shots at a time and is just as slow as the heavy, and the heavies natasha is crap in comparison to the scouts as the heavy is supposed to be the heavy weapons guy and yet the best of all is the lightest ie..scouts!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo