Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Reference Drivers

The NVIDIA Drivers Download Page is where to find version 182.06 WHQL-certified reference drivers for NVIDIA accelerators. The new drivers are recommended "for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin," and also boast performance boosts in certain configurations over the version 181.22 drivers running Fallout 3, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, and Race Driver: GRID. The new drivers also include full support for OpenGL 3.0, and automatically install new version 9.09.02.03 PhysX system software. These look like they were actually released last week, so thanks to Laurence and Bruce for the catch.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: NVIDIA Reference Drivers Feb 23, 2009, 08:01 Quboid

I did mean first impressions, I haven't got to mechs. I've hardly got to the story either, although it's taking shape and tying in with Fear1.

As for lean. It's not a huge problem but there was many times when I found myself thinking I'd like to just lean around this corner and check the place out. I guess that says it all, it's something that I quickly became used to using instinctively and miss when it's not there, which in turn suggests it's something that really feels natural, even if in reality it's not. There's no great gameplay masterplan that I subscribe too, nor am I routed in old PC traditions (I'm the guy who actually likes regenerating health, to a point), I just miss leaning. When I play Quake 1, I also miss leaning, as well as crouching.

One problem with firefights is the relative lack of collateral destruction. Perhaps I'm being generous to Fear1 but I seem to remember the action zones would be a glorious mess after a fight, bullet holes all over the place, destroyed offices and windows with most of their panels gone. In Fear2, it doesn't seem as detailed and it's certainly not more detailed in line with the advancement in physics since Fear1.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo