Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

H.A.W.X Demo & Release Plans

Ubisoft announces a March 13 release date for the Windows edition of Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, and a February 26 release date for the Windows demo for the Tom Clancy-branded aerial combat game. The announcement also includes a March 6 release date for the Console editions of the game and word to expect the Xbox demo on February 11 and the PlayStation 3 demo on February 12. Here's what to expect in the demo:

In this demo, players will dominate the skies for the first time and battle planes, tanks and amphibious assaults and have the opportunity to dogfight with other elite pilots in a stunning panoramic boss scene.

Key features of the H.A.W.X demo:

• Co-op enabled for up to 4 players – Jump in/Jump out
        • Gain experience points and unlock up to three real, licensed planes in the demo:
            • F-16A Fighting Falcon
            • SU-35 Super Flanker
            • AV-8B Harrier II
        • Choose between two different game modes:
            • Normal – Default control type
            • Expert – Allows full control over the aircraft in “Assistance Off” mode
        • Two heart-pounding missions:
            • Operation: Off Certification (Training mode)
        • Learn the skills of an elite pilot in “Assistance Off” mode and pull extreme maneuvers
            • Operation: Glass Hammer (Rio De Janeiro)
        • Take flight over GeoEye technology (the world’s best satellite data), and witness Brazil like never before
        • Learn to use the Enhanced Reality System in “Assistance On” mode, where your plane’s computer calculates the best interception course for you to follow to attack an enemy, evade a missile or hit a ground target

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: H.A.W.X Demo & Release Plans Feb 10, 2009, 19:29 Marvin T. Martian

Will this be a clancy title that UBI doesn't F up.
I quit buying any UBI title since all they touch has turns to POS on the PC.

Fingers are crossed. At least I won't have to torrent the game to evaluate it. I will be checking the demo out as soon as it is available. If it's any good and doesn't have too much of the consolitus desease that infects all their titles, I will buy it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo