Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patch

An update for World of Warcraft is now available to bring Blizzard's MMORPG to version 3.09. The update is not reflected in the WoW Current Patch Notes, but manual patches for the new version are already available. The US/AU English patch is on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and Games32; and patches for various other territories are on AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and Games32.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 15:26 MattyC

Im starting wow.exe directly now. Only way to fix it for now.

I am confused as to why people didn't always do this. If you install the game now does it set it up that way by default? I have never actually installed WoW, so I wouldn't know. I am still running the beta client more or less. It has yet to ever refuse to patch. I just copy the folder over when I build a new PC. No need to install it, so I have just always been using wow.exe since I never saw any benefit of the launcher and played the game for a long time before it existed.

As for the quality going down, I think the quality is still top notch. Leveling stuff was very well done. The problem is they now seem to just pander to whoever. Basically if someone cries on the forums, things get changed and it doesn't seem to be for the best. People said raiding was too hard and now we have even casuals like myself who finished all the wotlk raid content in less time than it took me to get raid ready at 60 and 70. The stuff is just so easy that you are bored and burn through it. This is particularly obvious to tanks. We really have to rotate more than before, so the OT doesn't die of boredom. It really feels like they just tried to add meaningless fluff for the OT since there are no more aggro dumps, or transitions, everything is aoetankable by 1 tank (even in 25), and in general threat is a nonfactor. When I am the OT I just put one of the officers on follow. No point in playing till we get to a boss.

I think they should have let 10 mans be a totally separate progression path from 25s, not an intro or loot filler. That would have left an easier and a harder. As it stands, oddly enough, the 10 man is actually the more difficult in the majority of fights. Though I use difficult there loosely.

Anyway, I think the quality of the content is fine, it just isn't tuned properly. I also can't say I am too crazy about this dual spec stuff they are talking about. I guess it will give me something to do when I am taking my turn as the AFKtank though. I'd prefer to actually tank stuff.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2009, 15:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo