Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex 3 Details

The Eidos Forums offer an extensive discussion of Deus Ex 3 based on a preview of the upcoming action/RPG sequel from Czech gaming magazine Hratelně, which also offers a handful of screenshots (thanks Neoseeker). The forums offer translations of the article from those able to check out the Czech text, outlining some of the revelations offered. This post takes on translating the entire article, while this post offers a more succinct list of what's revealed:

-the world is ruled by megacorporations, more powerful than national governments. The conspiracy groups are setting these corporations against each other.

-the black ops slaughter the research division of the corporation Adam works at. The questions who and why is behind the attack are answered relatively soon into the game, however more serious questions arise with the answers.

-You will be regularly visiting Adam's apartment with many reminiscences of his past like photos and a diary

-The game takes place in five well-known metropoleis, mentioned were Shanghai, Detroit and Montreal

-Women play a large role in the game, some of them you've known for a long time, others will try to seduce or betray you, depending on your previous actions

-Bosses are included, their difficulty also depending on your previous actions

-The secret societies are just puppets for a shadowy figure who wants to take control over all of the market, society, and the human evolution.

-The events of the game will lead to the establishment of UNATCO

-The main villain is to be 'similar' to Jensen

-a rescue mission across the globe later in the game

-squad based combat AI with a visually identifiable squad leader

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: Deus Ex 3 Details Jan 30, 2009, 17:06 NewMaxx

I'm at the foremost a PC gamer and I fervently detest consolization. Over time I have come to accept it as inevitability, but combined with the casual experience found in The Sims 2 and World of Warcraft I found myself pushed over the edge. That is why I have moved towards indie games, particularly ones from Germany and Eastern Europe. A cropped list would include The Guild series, the Anno series, The Witcher and other indie RPGs like Gothic, Two Worlds, and Sacred, the Europa Universalis series (as well as the other fine works by Paradox Interactive), clones like Singles and Runes of Magic, Operation Flashpoint and ArmA, and so forth. I could even throw in Stardock just to be cliché. These games tend to be unpolished and have a higher level of difficulty, but they are also often deep and creatively designed.

I bring that up because that’s what PC gaming is really about: the independent developer. One of the PC’s great advantages over any console is that it is versatile and can be a platform for experimentation without the need for a huge budget. The consolization movement is just like the HDD makers who all followed suit with inflating drive sizes – when one company did it, the rest were forced to copy it. So you have this idea of a cover system spreading like crazy but with mild improvement, mainly because the real creative ideas are left to developers without blinders for the bottom line – those developers are on the PC. The Deus Ex franchise is being consolized and that’s no reason not to enjoy it, but realistically you are criticizing a category of game makers for fulfilling their agenda rather than supporting the creative developers that actually make PC games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo