Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Microsoft to cut 5,000

Microsoft will be cutting 5,000 jobs following an 11 per cent year-on-year decline in net profit, reports MCV. They say some 1,400 employees will be let go immediately, with 3,600 cuts to follow over the next 18 months, which they hope will save them around $1.5 billion a year. Microsoft is not commenting at this time whether any of these cuts will hit the Xbox operations of its Entertainment and Devices Division.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Microsoft to cut 5,000 Jan 22, 2009, 17:08 Bhruic

If the math is right, that's 300k per person fired, according to their savings statement...somehow I doubt those folks all make even near that much in a year.

The math is wrong. You're assuming the only cost(s) associated with them are their salaries. Someone's already pointed out health insurance, but there are quite a few other costs as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo