Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

2008 NIMF Report

The 13th annual MediaWise Video Game Report Card from National Institute on Media and the Family is online. They include a lengthy Parents' Guide to Video Games, a list of "E" and "T" rated games recommended for children, as well as a list of games to avoid for young children like Dead Space, Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead, with every one of the games on that list already carrying an "M" rating. Their year in review includes some statistical breakdowns, though all of these are drawn from other sources. They seem to be more upbeat this time around, as the line about those for whom "video games once conjured images of violence and cruelty" may have once applied to them: "As video game technology continues to evolve, so does its influence in the lives of American families. Once perceived by some to be a hobby for the young and the isolated, the video game is now an undeniably mainstream medium and often a catalyst for social activity involving people of all ages. And just as video games once conjured images of violence and cruelty in the minds of many, the term 'video game' is now regularly accompanied by the term 'family entertainment.' Video game producers continue to release ultra-violent and mature-content titles, but increasingly, the big industry players are targeting parents and families as an important market for their products and services. Despite the controversial M-rated games (for Mature) still receiving much of the hype and the headlines, the vast majority of game titles have family-friendly ratings."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Left 4 Dead Nov 25, 2008, 17:23 4D-Boxing

Is it possible that Valve pulled the Left 4 Dead demo? Can't find it on steam?!

Some love it some hate it so I have to try it before I buy it, not making the same mistake i did with Far Cry 2.

If anyone has info ont bis that would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, you can disregard my question..just found out that the demo was pulled...that tells me that the demo might discourage people from buying the game, in other words he game is not very good.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2008, 17:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo