Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mirror's Edge PhysX Details; Trailer

DICE Puts Faith in NVIDIA PhysX Technology for Mirror's Edge has word that the upcoming Windows edition of Mirror's Edge, DICE's parkour-themed action game, will include support for NVIDIA's PhysX physics engine and will take advantage of NVIDIA's CUDA-enabled graphics card: "On the PC, PhysX technology harnesses the power of CUDA, NVIDIA's general-purpose, parallel-computing architecture, to handle 10-20 times more visual complexity than what's possible without a GeForce CUDA-enabled GPU." Whether this sells Mirror's Edge players on NVIDIA hardware, or repels ATI hardware owners from Mirror's Edge will be interesting to see. In related Mirror's Edge news, a new trailer shows off more of Faith's leaps of faith from the game and a number of these PhysX effects; the trailer is available on FileFront and Gamer's Hell. Finally, MTV Multiplayer has images of some Italian models dressed as the game's acrobatic protagonist.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Mirror's Edge PhysX Details; Trailer Nov 20, 2008, 12:25 4D-Boxing

I'm all for supporting new technology but it's pretty useless when it is only supported by one of the two graphics card manufacturers, with little-to-no chance of AMD ever licensing it. Also, it's going to need considerably better games with thoughtful, deep implementations to sell it.

That is how 3dfx & their Glide API made 3D acceleration mainstream.

PS. For some reason I keep thinking that CUDA was shown to work on both ATI & Nvidia hardware (that meet the specs) and that it's up to ATI to implement PhysX support if they want it....I may be confusing 2 or 3 diff articles from that came out many months ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo