Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack

The Steam Users' Forums have instructions on how to make use of the code for split screen multiplayer in the Windows Left 4 Dead demo, even though support for such a mode was removed before the demo's release. The method described apparently requires the use of an Xbox 360 controller, and of course it is unsupported by Valve, or anybody else for that matter. Thanks Dagok.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Left 4 Dead Split Screen Hack Nov 7, 2008, 17:57 4D-Boxing

plus you rich guys all have big monitors, right?"

22 widescreen can be bought for $200 can.

Plus a PC can output to a TV no problem...I was doing that 10 years ago. So instead of playin gears on the small monitor you could have used your home TV, wether it's a CRT, LCD ..even an old TVs with coax only. It might cost you 20 or 40$ for an adapter worst case scenario.

Bottom line widescreen is a great idea, why annyone would complain about an extra feature is beyond me. I'm not crazy about xbox live so I just do not use it in fallout 3 for example.

This fonctionality was available in the early NFS racing games, in other words it's a fonctionality that was on the pc over a decade ago...to me it's like AA or widescreen support or ability to remap your controls it should be a given that it's included.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2008, 18:02.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo